Friday, July 24, 2009

Couch - 5K W1D1

spark people :)

I did my first day on the couch to 5k program. I can't believe I was able to keep up with it. I downloaded the Podcast that was recommended on the team page and it helped keep me focus. I felt so energized and so good about myself. I have always been afraid of running because of my asthma, but I talked to my father in law and he said it actually helped his daughters asthma when she started to run. Even though my asthma is not severe at all I am always afraid of triggering it. But I did it and the program seems like it supports building up to full running to help your body adjust so I am comfortable doing it. I made it day 1 and in two days it will be day two, I will just be so proud if I keep it up and meet my goal to be able to run - maybe even a 5 k - :) I just want to learn how to run and build up my lung capacity and keep my heart healthy and loose this 10-15 pounds. I am excited....I am on my way to be a runner....I want to be addicted to it :)


melissa Pictures, Images and Photos

2 comments:

Laura said...

Great job, Missy!!! I started from nothing. I couldn't even run like a minute before and now I can go a little over 10mins! Slowly but surely it's happening!

mwilson86 said...

Thank you!!! Its definately a great feeling of accomplishment!!

layout

Background

About Me

My photo
I am 23 and Married to the love of my life. I am an Army wife. I am going to school to become and Elementary Education teacher. I have a whole life of trials ahead of me but with God's love I will get through.