Thursday, July 30, 2009

Spark People - July 28, 2009



Well I finished my prescribed first week of c to 5K program and I feel so good about myself! I have kept up with training. Day 2 was the hardest physically on me because I was going in between 3.5 and 4.5 but since 4.5 on the treadmill is a little bit of an uncomfortable jogging (to slow) speed, I upped it to 5.0. But for some reason I just wasn't staying loose enough and my calves and shins felt uncomfortable and I feared a shin splints and went in between 3.0 - 5.0. but I felt that 3.0 wasn't brisk enough for a brisk walk so I stayed between 3.5 - 5.0 on day three (which was today).

Today (day 3) I was at the gym at 7:15 which in its self is an accomplishment. I am glad I did go that early today because I definitely wasn't feeling the gym when I got off of work but I still may do upper body here at home. I do not normally do 2 workouts in a day, but I only had a little bit of time in the morning to go to the gym, so I did my half an hour run this morning and I am thinking about doing my upper body today because I want to do legs on my rest day. I will see how I do on that but my next goal today is to work on buying some healthy groceries for very little money, grocery game. com and couponmom.com here I come! Wish me luck. :)

This past week (week starting on Friday lol) I have pushed myself harder in my cardio then I ever have. I have also made it to the gym to do something just about everyday since starting the C to 5k program. I feel so invigorated but I can feel the slight struggle that I have had in keeping up with my program because my body isn't used to more then 3 gym days a week in well, as long as I can remember, so I feel a slight toll, but I am going to push through it because its making me stronger and I am sick of feeling like I look disgusting because I have gained almost 15 pounds in the past year. Even though I am heading into my senior year in college it was the first year I was independent from my parents having to run a household with my hubby and having smaller then I am used to pay checks coming in...so I have fallen for the freshman 15....eeaakkk. But I am working to get back on track and my hubby is supporting me all the way.

212

I never knew how much I needed someone to help motivate me to work at a goal of mine, but I have always fallen through. Now I have my husband who I have included in my goal setting to an extent. I don't know why I was always kind of shy with including people in my goals, probably because I was afraid I would fail and that other person would be disappointed in me which is always the downside to my thought process. But having him involved has helped me gain motivation and also give him motivation (well to get out of bed and join me at the gym lol). But he is a certified personal trainer and I do need his expertise in this so I turned realistic and I showed him the program print out to see if he thought it was viable and he did. I also talk to him about how I am doing and how I feel about the program thus far. I search for his "I am so proud of you" speech just about every time I accomplish going to the gym because it helps me feel that accomplishment because it is a big deal....four days in one week and more to come this week big deal. He also asked me this morning my goal weight and I told him. I want to be back down to 110/111 (if I follow the healthy BMI) and asked him if he thought this was realistic and he said yes, because I was just there just about a year ago so I am happy to hear that.

Well the last thing I wanted to discuss in this super long blog entry lol is the pictures that I had above and what they are. I don't know if anyone recalls this but one of the spark people recommendations for staying motivated was to make a motivational collage of some sort. Well I only posted two of the pictures I found, but I searched for beautiful, seemingly fit pear shaped women to kind of give me an image in my head for how I want to look. I didn't want to look at things unrealistically this time so I searched for my body type in particular. I will add the remaining ones to my spark people and maybe make a poster of some sort for me to see that everyday. I want to do this to look good and feel good in my own skin. I want to build up a solid foundation to a healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life. I want to avoid the diabetes that does run in my family as well as the high blood pressure. I want to do this for me, for my husband, for my current family as well as my future family. I want to be an example to my future kids that a healthy lifestyle is the way to go.

Thank you for taking your time to read this lengthy blog but I had a lot to write about :)/

Good day!!!!

Missy


melissa Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

layout

Background

About Me

My photo
I am 23 and Married to the love of my life. I am an Army wife. I am going to school to become and Elementary Education teacher. I have a whole life of trials ahead of me but with God's love I will get through.